Ennis softball, Sheridan Track
Outlook for the spring season, On the horizon for the Panthers
Submitted by Jamie Lovett
1) What is your team most excited about this season? We are coming off a very successful season last year so it will be fun to see how this team builds on that.
2) Do you have strong participation this season? Yes, we have 17 girls out for softball with representation from each high school class. This is a great number as it allows us to field both a JV and a Varsity team.
3) Do you have returning athletes you're expecting to compete well? If so, how so? We have 10 players returning from last year, including 8 starters. They are a great group of ladies on the field and off and we are appreciative of their leadership with the newcomers.
4) Do you have new athletes? What are they bringing to the team? It is always exciting to see what happens with the incoming freshmen each year, however, we picked up four upperclassmen in addition to three freshmen this year. I think that is a testament to the camaraderie of this team, these girls really like each other and it shows.
5) When and where is your first competition? We played Florence on Saturday, April 2. We lost both Varsity games and the JV game but a lot of girls got some real time experience and we learned a lot. We have a 22 game schedule this year which will benefit the team immensely.
6) Anything else you want to share with readers? We have some home games coming up and would love to see all of you softball fans there!
Submitted by Becky Larsen
What is your team most excited about this season? I am excited about having a bigger group of seniors. We have six out, one who hasn't competed in track in high school, and two who were injured last year. I am excited to see what they will do.
Do you have strong participation this season? We have 13 students out, consistent with last year's participation.
Do you have returning athletes you're expecting to compete well? If so, how so? I have three athletes who qualified for state last year, and a few who just missed qualifying. I am expecting good things from them.
Do you have new athletes? What are they bringing to the team? We have two freshmen, one junior, and one senior. I hope that the team will see some success, and we can generate some excitement to get more kids involved in the track program.
When and where is your first competition? Frenchtown April 2