School Board Roundup
school boards met for June
Sheridan to install of a new high school door locking system, will discontinue USDA funded free lunch program
The Sheridan School Board of Trustees met on Monday, June 13. Here’s a recap of what was discussed:
• The board discussed new policy updates for the upcoming school year. Policies will remain very similar to years past.
• The board approved the Safety and Security Measures-High School Door Locking System. The new system will be similar to that of the elementary school door locking system. Visitors will have to be identified before entering the building starting this fall.
• The board approved the school student handbook for the 2022-2023 school year with no significant changes.
• The USDA funded free lunch program has been discontinued starting this fall. Students will once again need to purchase their lunch through the school. The lunch prices will be similar to before the USDA program..
• The board approved multiple staff hirings regarding school athletics. All athletic staff positions have been filled, with the exception of high school football coach and middle school basketball coach.
• A new music teacher was approved for hire by the board. The music teacher will teach K-12 for the 2022-2023 school year. The board will meet again on August 9 at 7 p.m.
Harrison School approves multiple staff hirings for the 2022-2023 school year
The Harrison School District Board of Trustees met on Monday, June 13. Here’s a recap of what was discussed:
• The board has rescheduled the July meeting from July 11 to July 18. The August meeting has also been moved from August 15 to August 8. Both changes are due to reporting deadlines of the board. • The board approved multiple staff hirings for the 2022-2023 school year. This includes bus drivers, a Summer Library Program teacher, extracurricular and advisor positions, a driver's education teacher and a part time assistant cook.
• A new breakfast and hot lunch price was discussed and approved by the board for the 2022-2023 school year.
• The board passed a resolution to have the County Administer elections in the 2023 fiscal year The board will meet again on July 18 at 7:30 p.m.