Hannah Kearse, reporter
1) Why do you love journalism? I love journalism because it reveals different perspectives, realities, joys and horrors of life.
2) What are three of your favorite things? Exploring the outdoors, laughing and conversations.
3) Favorite quote? "Once in a while you get shown in the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right." The Grateful Dead
Keely Larson, staff reporter, customer service, social media
1) Why do you love journalism? I find great value in seeing any and all sides of a story and opening others' minds to the idea that one explanation may not always be the perfect fit. Additionally, I love bringing history into my stories, whether it's through family lines or decisions with longevity.
2) What are three of your favorite things? Dancing, making pierogies with my boyfriend and prosecco.
3) Favorite quote? "We have, as human beings, a storytelling problem. We're a bit too quick to come up with explanations for things we don't really have an explanation for." Malcolm Gladwell
Susanne Hill, publisher
1) Why do you love journalism? I love being a part of building community - the verb. I love knowing that the stories we publish build cohesion and trust and remind us all that we have a stake in one another as human beings. I love knowing we use our platform to passionately serve ALL of our readers. And, that the journalists who come work with our team do so because they love affecting the human condition by providing facts and truths and the tools necessary for their readers to assimilate into their own version of better living. When all of this comes together with advertising to then drive commerce within each of our wonderful communities, the work feels pretty amazing.
2) What are three of your favorite things? Cheesy Hallmark movies, fast cars and loyal friends. And horses. And ice cream and good chocolate. And loud belly laughs…
3) Favorite quote? “Vulnerability is not about fear and grief and disappointment. It’s the birthplace of everything we’re hungry for.” Brené Brown
Erin Leonard, publisher, designer
1) Why do you love journalism? I am a sixth generation Montanan and fell into publishing newspapers by chance. A graphic designer by trade, I was asked to work at my local newspaper, The Madisonian, in January of 2012. I fell in love with the business and soon, along with my co-worker Susanne Hill, was lucky enough to purchase The Madisonian by the end of 2012. Since then, Susanne and I have had the pleasure of reviving the Lone Peak Lookout. When not obsessing over the papers, I obsess over my two kids Harper and Jack, and wouldn’t have it any other way.
2) What are three of your favorite things? Live music, outside, hot dogs.
3) Favorite quote? "Decide what to be and go be it." Avett Brothers